Honeymoon Essentials by Nicole Amory Makeup Artist
My top picks for your honeymoon essentials will ensure that you take all your makeup that you NEED on your honeymoon.
I’m usually one of those people who unnecessarily takes my entire life with me on holiday. What if there are mosquitos? What if I fall and I happen to need a whole box of plasters? Bringing a full-length ball gown is totally acceptable.
The same goes for makeup. I’ll pack a billion fun palettes and lipsticks and then will end up wearing pretty much the same look and the same products every day. So for that specific reason, I decided to make your life a little easier by doing this blog post, and I’m quite proud of myself, I’ve stuck to the essentials:
- A good primer : Great for hot, humid summer honeymoon destinations.
- Your favourite Foundation : One that gives your skin a dewy but effortless and perfected appearance. It should Blend beautifully and make your skin appear radiant.
- A pressed Powder : Used with a big powder brush to set your foundation with a translucent pressed powder, it doesn’t over mattify and your skin will look great in pictures.
- Concealer: To cover dark circles and pimples in a hurry. (Have a look at my previous blog post for my favourites).
- Your ‘go to’ highlighter : A gorgeous champagne highlighter that gives cheekbones a beautiful glow.
- Beautiful bronzer : To Give your cheeks and face a natural sun-kissed appearance.
- ONE just ONE – makeup pallet : (This for me was the most difficult) A row of 4 matte shades and 4 shimmery shades to create an endless array of looks.
- A waterproof eyeliner : One with great staying power, super black and most likely to last THE WHOLE evening!
- Waterproof mascara : One that creates stunning length and volume for lashes.
- One nude lipstick and one colour lipstick : My secret is that if you mix the two you’ll actually be able to get away with 3 or 4 different shades for the week.(Wear lip balm or gloss for the rest of the time)
- A clear lip-gloss: A light or clear feminine gloss should feel creamy and moisturising on the lips
The BEAUTY Essentials: Not makeup products, but they ARE just as important and should be added to your list:
- Tweezers (Um, please don’t leave those behind we don’t want your new husband to find out he just married a grizzly bear)
- After sun (This is so important, because we all tend to overdo it on the first day)
- Moisturiser (For days)
- Setting spray (optional)
- Face Wash
- Eye Cream
- Lip Balm
- Makeup Remover